PriceMap: PriceMap is a search engine for brick & mortar retail.
Problem Statement –As per Google 3 out of 4 buyers actually prefer to visit physical store and buy from there provide the following information is made available to them:
- Which store(s) in vicinity has the product he intends to buy?
- Price of the desired product at the nearby store.
- What else may be available at the store which is related to the item he wants to buy.
- Availability of the same item or something similar in store stock
- Store location/timings and directions to reach it.
PriceMap Solution: PriceMap app solves these top five problems for buyers. It brings the convenience of on-line shopping at physical outlets for buyers. Once the buyer has searched on-line and decided on the product they want to buy, they can use the PriceMap app to get availability & pricing of the same product at physical retail outlets. This generates footfalls in the physical store from buyers who would typically buy on-line due to the hassle of searching for the product in local markets.
PriceMap is fundamentally different than any other venture in hyper local “O2O: online to offline” space. While all other O2O ventures follow the conventional path of seller uploading the inventory and buyer choosing what he/she wants to buy, PriceMap reverses the online shopping flow. On PriceMap, buyer determines what he/she wants to buy by searching on-line and broadcasts a query to the retailers, who revert back with availability & price response. This radical shift brings a new level of convenience for both buyers and sellers, as
- Sellers don’t have to digitize the store inventory and maintain on a regular basis.
- Buyers are not restricted to any one catalogue. PriceMap rides on the usual on-line product search done by the buyer via Google or his favourite site/app.
Current Status: PriceMap already has close to 1000+ retailers in its network across product categories such as mobile, watch, home & kitchen appliances, home audio/video, camera and more. In a short span of 3 months, close to ~50K consumers have installed the app and using it to discover product availability and best price in the local market.
PriceMap founding team has rich experience in entrepreneurship. Suresh Kabra, founder, is a serial entrepreneur whose last venture in mobile video space was acquired in 2013. Suresh holds a BE (BITS, Pilani), MS (Concordia, Montreal) and is an MIT, Sloan alumni. Shishir Dubey, co-founder, has deep experience in mobile/web development and holds MCA from Delhi University.
Offline to Online, Search for a Product online and get best price offers directly from shops near you using “PriceMap” offline cheaper than online